Auto tune up and service Shop Appleton, WI
We Are the Car Repair Tune Up and Service Experts in Kaukauna
A car tune-up is a routine maintenance service that is designed to keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently. It typically involves a thorough inspection of the vehicle's various systems and components, as well as any necessary repairs or adjustments.
Ruffing Automotive performs all required maintenance and tune ups for 30K, 60K, 90K mile service. Save Up To 40% Off Dealer and take advantage of a 3Yr 36K Warranty.
You may ask, Do I have to get my car serviced at the dealership to keep warranty?
Short Answer: No. By law, automakers and dealerships are not allowed to make you perform regular maintenance at a dealership for a new-car warranty to remain valid. We follow dealer requirements and provide you with all the necessary paperwork to comply with maintenance requirements.
Overall, a car tune-up is an important step in maintaining the overall health of your vehicle. Regular tune-ups can help prevent breakdowns, improve performance, and extend the life of your vehicle. It is recommended to have your car tune-up every 30,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
Car preventative maintenance is an important aspect of vehicle ownership. Regularly scheduled maintenance services can help keep your car running smoothly and can help prevent costly repairs down the road. One of the most important types of preventative maintenance services is the 30K, 60K, and 90K service. These services are typically performed at 30,000 miles, 60,000 miles, and 90,000 miles, respectively, and are designed to ensure that your car is in good working condition.
The 30K service is the first major maintenance service that your car will need. At this point, the car has been driven for 30,000 miles, and it is important to ensure that it is in good working condition. A 30,000-mile service, also known as a 30K service, typically includes the following service items:
- Engine oil change
- Oil filter replacement
- Tire pressure check and rotation
- Fuel system inspection
- Lubrication of propeller shaft, driveshaft bushings, and steering knuckles.
- Lubrication of hood and door hinges
- Engine air filter replacement
- Air filter replacement
- Power steering fluid change
- Vehicle Inspection
The oil and filter change are important because it ensures that the engine is lubricated properly and that any dirt or debris that may have accumulated in the oil is removed. The tire rotation is also important because it helps to ensure that the tires wear evenly, which can help prolong their life. The brake inspection is important because it ensures that the brakes are working properly and that there is enough brake pad material remaining.
While there is a general consensus on what items are included in a 30K service, the list may vary depending on the type of vehicle and the service provider. It's always best to consult your vehicle's owner manual or the service provider for specific details.
The 60K service is the second major maintenance service that your car will need. At this point, the car has been driven for 60,000 miles, and it is important to ensure that it is in good working condition. Some of the services for a 60,000-mile service, also known as a 60K service that may be performed include the following:
- Everything done at the 30,000-mile service interval
- Changing of all fluids
- Timing belt replacement
- Brake replacement
The transmission fluid change is important because it ensures that the transmission is lubricated properly and that any dirt or debris that may have accumulated in the fluid is removed. The coolant flush is also important because it helps to ensure that the coolant is clean and that the cooling system is working properly. The timing belt replacement is important because it ensures that the timing belt is in good working condition and that it is not likely to break.
The 90K service is the third major maintenance service that your car will need. At this point, the car has been driven for 90,000 miles, and it is important to ensure that it is in good working condition. The 90,000-mile marker is a significant maintenance period in your vehicle's life, at 90,000 (90k) miles, your vehicle will need more extensive service to keep it performing like new. Some of the services that may be performed during the 90K service include a spark plug replacement, a fuel filter replacement, and a valve adjustment. A 90,000-mile service, also known as a 90K service, typically includes the following items:
- Includes all the maintenance items of a 30,000 and 60,000-mile service
- A comprehensive visual maintenance inspection
- Oil change
- Timing belt replacement
- Replace hoses
- Fuel system cleaning
- Battery service
- Check brake pads
- Tire rotation and/or replacement
- Complete inspection
- Turn or replace rotors
- Replace spark plugs
- Transfer case fluid change
The 90,000-mile marker is a significant maintenance period in your vehicle's life, at 90,000 (90k) miles, your vehicle will need more extensive service to keep it performing like new.
It is important to note that the list of items included in a 90K service may vary depending on the type of vehicle and the service provider. It is recommended to consult the vehicle's owner manual or the service provider for specific details. Additionally, A 30/60/90K service checkup is designed to address maintenance and inspection items applicable to the respective mileage interval.
The spark plug replacement is important because it ensures that the spark plugs are in good working condition and that they are not likely to fail. The fuel filter replacement is also important because it ensures that the fuel system is clean and that the fuel is properly filtered. The valve adjustment is important because it ensures that the valves are properly adjusted and that the engine is running smoothly.
It's also important to note that these services are not only limited to these mileages, the car owner should also keep a check on the car's owner manual for the suggested services and intervals. Other preventative maintenance services that can be performed include regular oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections. These services are important because they ensure that the car is running smoothly and that there are no issues that could cause problems down the road.
Another important aspect of preventative maintenance is regular inspections. This includes checking the car's fluid levels, inspecting the tires, and checking the brakes. These inspections can help to identify any problems before they become serious, which can help prevent costly repairs down the road.
Regular preventative maintenance can help extend the life of your car and can help prevent costly repairs down the road. By following the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and performing regular inspections, you can ensure that your car is running smoothly and that there are no issues that could cause problems down the road.
Car Tune Up
Some of the key elements of a car tune-up include:
- Checking and replacing the air filter: The air filter is responsible for removing dirt and debris from the air before it enters the engine. If the filter is dirty, it can restrict airflow and reduce engine performance.
- Checking and replacing the spark plugs: Spark plugs are responsible for igniting the fuel-air mixture in the engine. Over time, they can wear out and become less effective. Replacing them can help improve engine performance and fuel efficiency.
- Checking and replacing the fuel filter: The fuel filter removes impurities from the fuel before it reaches the engine. A dirty filter can reduce fuel flow and reduce engine performance.
- Checking and replacing the serpentine belt: The serpentine belt is responsible for powering various components in the vehicle, such as the alternator and water pump. Worn or damaged belts can cause these components to fail.
- Checking and replacing the coolant: The coolant is responsible for keeping the engine at the proper operating temperature. Over time, it can become contaminated or break down, reducing its effectiveness.
- Checking and replacing the transmission fluid: The transmission fluid is responsible for lubricating the transmission and keeping it running smoothly. Over time, the fluid can become dirty or low, which can cause problems with the transmission.
- Checking and replacing the brake fluid: The brake fluid is responsible for transmitting the force from the brake pedal to the brake calipers. Over time, it can become contaminated or low, which can reduce braking effectiveness.
- Checking and replacing the power steering fluid: The power steering fluid is responsible for providing the power assist to the steering system. Over time, it can become dirty or low, which can cause problems with the steering.
Engine Tune Ups Appleton, WI
You trust your vehicle only to a high-quality repair shop, so why would you settle for economy-grade parts? At Ruffing Automotive, we always use OEM and name-brand aftermarket parts for tune ups and repairs, ensuring long-lasting performance on the roads of Kaukauna and beyond. For your peace of mind, our engine repairs are covered by the Napa Auto Care Warranty and in addition, we always use OEM and top-shelf aftermarket parts and an impressive 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all repairs, you can expect our repair work at Ruffing Automotive to last.
For professional engine tune ups and repairs in the Kaukauna area, visit Ruffing Automotive. With every visit to our shop, you’ll be treated with the utmost courtesy with your repairs.
For expert auto tune-up, service and engine repairs throughout Appleton, WI, trust Ruffing Automotive. Call us today or request an appointment online.